Ruling party to launch innovation committee after crushing by
时间:2023-12-01 10:55:48 出处:스포츠阅读（143）
The ruling People Power Party plans to appoint the leader of its innovation committee set to be launched next week, the party's chief spokesperson said Wednesday.
Rep. Kim Gi-hyeon, the party's leader, delivered the plan during a meeting with members, as its leadership scrambles to come up with measures to regain people's trust after its crushing defeat in last week's by-election in Seoul. The election was widely seen as a test of voter sentiment before the April general elections.
"We are not yet at the stage where we can specify who is the most likely candidate for the innovation committee chairmanship," People Power Party's chief spokesperson Yoon Hee-seok said. "We plan to complete the appointment by the weekend and aim to launch the committee on Monday."
Yoon did not elaborate further on potential candidates but said the party is reviewing various people, including former and current party lawmakers and those from business and academic circles.
People Power Party's approval rating has fallen to 32 percent, the lowest since President Yoon Suk Yeol took office last year, according to a survey published by Realmeter on Monday.
In contrast, the positive assessment of the main opposition Democratic Party reached 50.7 percent, the highest figure since Yoon took office. (Yonhap)
- New NZ minister takes oath in English and Korean
- 이상민 "현실적 선택지는 국민의힘…12월 초까지 거취 결정"
- 금태섭 “文 전 대통령, 조국 출마 적절한지 의견 분명히 해야”
- Speculation grows over Yoon's looming Cabinet shakeup
- China’s AliExpress eyes expansion in Korea
- [Hello Hangeul] Welding book first in vocational Korean series for foreign labor
- [KH explains] Hyundai to sell vehicles on Amazon in US sales push
- Trailblazer, Trax drive up GM Korea’s exports
- KT SAT to adopt Starlink for enhanced maritime internet