Gimbap and hanja cramming: Life of Korean Studies students in Paris
时间:2023-12-01 10:26:50 出处:영화阅读（143）
PARIS -- Pulling an all-nighter to make gimbap and kimchi pancakes was the highlight of the year for four members of “Bulkkot,” a club of students enrolled in the Korean Studies department of the National Institute for Oriental Languages and Civilizations, also known as Inalco in Paris.
Meaning “flame” in Korea, the recently-established students’ association has just five members now, but its passion easily surpasses that of much bigger organizations.
The group pulled off a Korean culture day event earlier this year, where they sold the food they prepared all night long.
“We almost didn’t sleep to make gimbap to sell,” Sandra, a third year Korean Studies student and Bulkkot member, said at a cafe near her school on Sept. 25.
Kayya, a freshman who leads Bulkkot as its president, said the process of preparing the event itself was an “adventure.”
“It involved 8 kilograms of kimchi for lots of kimchi jeon (pancakes). We want to make it bigger for the next event” she exclaimed.
- LS Materials to tap deeper into EV, green energy markets
- 홍준표 "뜬금없이 김포 편입론, 반짝 특수 노리는 떴다방"
- Cold wave hit S. Korea amid forecast of even chillier morning
- 블링컨 美국무장관 한국 도착…9일 한미 외교장관 회담
- "조선의 샛별 여장군, 세계가 우러러 볼것"…北, 김주애도 우상화
- [Today’s K
- Lawmaker calls for specifying China's responsibility in UN resolution on NK human rights
- S. Korea retracts bans on disposable cups at cafes, restaurants
- 정부, GP 복원 계획…김태효 "北 무장에 가만히 있으면 안된다"