'Oh, Jejudo' by Hyun Ki
时间:2023-12-01 12:19:56 出处:과학阅读（143）
Novelist Hyun Ki-young became the oldest recipient of the Daesan Literary Awards Monday for his latest three-volume novel, "Oh, Jejudo” (Changbi Publishers), which narrates the whirlpool of Jeju Island myths and tales following the history of the island from the late Joseon period, the Japanese colonial period to the April 3 uprising and tragedy.
“I am quite embarrassed to receive an award at this age when I should be giving out (awards),” said the 82-year-old writer during a press conference held in Seoul on Monday.
“I think this award is an affirmation that I have worked hard to walk on the literary path. … I am proud that it is an award that recognizes the painful history of Jeju as an important part of Korea’s modern history.”
- 'Do not open plane doors' warning mandated for planes in flight
- Jungkook's 'Golden' hits No. 2 on Billboard 200 with biggest
- National Museum of the Annals of the Joseon Dynasty to open in Pyeongchang
- Jessica ends 6
- S. Korea's heavyweights like ex
- [New on the Scene] Joo Jong
- [Korea Beyond Korea] Buddhism scholar committed to expanding Korean studies at Yale
- NewJeans to be first K
- German envoy calls for enhanced security cooperation with S. Korea